Wellness Club Success Thanks to Outstanding Care Coordinators!

Published: August 18th, 2017

The Mobile Outreach Clinic would like to extend our congratulations to the first successful graduates of our Wellness Club! Their success has been achieved after they graduated through the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior levels of the club. By maintaining a progress journal, receiving and applying new health care tips every 2 weeks, and following up with their Care Coordinator, the graduates have had significant improvements in their health and well being.

Dominique Montrose

Ikramamul Nibir

These success stories were achieved in part by the encouragement of 2 of MOC’s Care Coordinators. Dominique Montrose and Ikramamul Nibir have dedicated themselves to seeing the success of their patients. MOC is grateful to have them both as Care Coordinators. They have truly showcased the mission of the MOC Wellness Club through their patients’ success!

Dominique is a Junior, Philosophy major on the Pre-Med track. She enjoys cooking and eating authentic ethnic cuisine.

Ikramamul is a Senior, Biology major on the Pre-Med track and is applying to medical school this cycle. He enjoys playing soccer and watching The Office.

How has MOC impacted Dominique and Ikramamul?

Dominique: “Being fortunate enough to join the Mobile Outreach Clinic my freshman year at UF has allowed me to not only develop valuable personable skills but also a heightened level of professionalism and great work ethic. I have also concurrently found a passion in primary care and preventative medicine and look forward to how these skills will help shape my future as a health care professional.”

Ikramamul: “To help a community that is often neglected in our society and being able to see the positive impact we have on them is a feeling that is incomparable. MOC has not only heightened my love for medicine but also provided me with a faculty that has inspired me to be a physician who is culturally competent and addresses the health disparities and social issues affecting individuals. It has been nothing but a pleasure to volunteer with MOC and I wish to continue as long as possible.”

Thank you to Dominique and Ikramamul for your continuous hard work and dedication to MOC’s values and our patients!