The Health Outreach Quality Improvement Program (HOQI)
In Fall 2012, the Mobile Outreach Clinic (MOC) joined with the Equal Access Clinic (EAC) to provide a unique volunteer opportunity for undergraduates. As a result, student-volunteer applicants will use the Mobile Outreach Clinic website as the primary location to apply to both clinics. HOQI provides hands-on learning experiences with MOC and EAC involving volunteers in the various components of clinical care. In addition, volunteers also play a key role in coordinating care for patients outside of clinic visits.
Would you like to volunteer?
Students interested to become a HOQI volunteers must complete and submit an application.Unfortunately, Due to the great amount of returning volunteers from this past semester, HOQI is currently not accepting applications for the Fall semester. If you are still interested in volunteering with our program, please refer back to this website towards the end of the Fall semester for Spring applications.
For more information about becoming a HOQI volunteer, please visit the HOQI Website
Health Outreach Quality Improvement Program Volunteer Contract
- Volunteers must attend clinic site (3 hrs weekly) and Care Coordination office hours from start to finish (1.5 hrs weekly).
- First day of classes through finals week (January 6th – May 1st)
- Volunteers must also attend a monthly HOQI huddle (second Thursday of every month @ 5:30 pm). (1.5hrs)
- Volunteers must attend any necessary HOQI volunteer training (January 4th – January 5th.)
- HOQI operates on a 3 strikes policy.
Stage I: Application Packet (all materials below are required)
- Online Application (Opens November 24, 2014 and Closes December 5, 2014)
- Letter of Recommendation (written on official letterhead and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommender.)
Stage II: Interviews
- Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation.
- We encourage all others to re-apply next semester.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please visit the HOQI website, and click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab.