The Health Outreach Quality Improvement Program (HOQI)
In Fall 2012, the Mobile Outreach Clinic (MOC) joined with the Equal Access Clinic (EAC) to provide a unique volunteer opportunity for undergraduates. As a result, student-volunteer applicants will use the Mobile Outreach Clinic website as the primary location to apply to both clinics. HOQI provides hands-on learning experiences with MOC and EAC involving volunteers in the various components of clinical care. In addition, volunteers also play a key role in coordinating care for patients outside of clinic visits.
Would you like to volunteer?
Currently we are not taking applications for Spring 2017; check the website towards the end of spring for further updates. Students interested to become an MOC volunteer must complete and submit an application.
MOC Volunteer Contract
- Volunteers must attend a mandatory day long training prior to the beginning of their first semester with HOQI
- Volunteers must attend clinic site (3 hrs weekly) and Care Coordination office hours from start to finish (1.5 hrs weekly).
- First day of classes through finals week
- Volunteers must also attend a monthly HOQI huddle (second Thursday of every month @ 5:30 pm). (1.5hrs)
- MOC operates on a 3 strikes policy.
Stage I: Application Packet (all materials below are required)
- Online Application
- Letter of Recommendation (written on official letterhead and sent directly by the recommender.)
Stage II: Interviews
- Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation.
- We encourage all others to re-apply next semester.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, and click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab.